Monday, July 26, 2010

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!  We went hiking in a couple local areas over the weekend.  It was nice to get out of the city for a while.  Kiah hates to go anywhere that is out of a 5 mile radius because he gets car sick.  So we took his cousin along to keep him company.


It was quite a hike to get to the swimming hole.  But this is the swimming hole of swimming holes.  It is called the Garden of Eden because the Mount Harmon boys used to swim here naked.  I didn't like having to hike along side the railroad tracks with two kids in tow.  Thankfully the train didn't come by.  The kids had a huge pool to themselves.


Then to the other side there was this huge rock they could jump off of.


We got there about 5pm and by that time everyone was heading back up the trail.  There were only a few sets of people down there while we were there.  Which was nice, I hate to be in crowds of people.

The day before that Chris and I had gone hiking at a local hiking trail.  I don't think I sweat that hard in a long time.  It was quite the work-out.  At least I can say I exercised.


Besides that I have been trying not to focus on our financial state, working on a couple things for a Stampington & Co submission, trying to keep Kiah off of video games, and praying my sister gets better quick. 

I was so excited the other day when one of my photos made it to explore on Flickr.


This week I am not going to do my to-do list since everything is pretty much the same as the last weeks.  Once Kiah starts school again a couple of weeks I hope to be better at getting things done.  Yeah, yeah that's what they all say.

3 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That looks so refreshing! I love hiking!

OXOX
Jen

- Yvette Head said...

That's the kind of place I could spend all day at! and...awesome photos as always! :)

Michele said...

I still have to find this place. We were just up at Henry Cowell hiking around, and I kept trying to figure out just where this hole is. One of these days, I will find it! :)

btw I totally don't know how the heck I missed your blog all this time. I thought I had it in my feed reader but didn't. Well it's added now!